Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ABC's of me

Okay, time for a little lightness. Here's a meme just in from my daughter-in-law...

Accent: none actually, CBS standard English (how boring)

Booze of choice:? Vodka with Kahlua

Chore I hate:? vacuuming

Dog or cat:? Both

Essential electronics: Laptop, digital camera

Favorite perfume(s): don't wear them, but I like nice smelly bath stuff

Gold or Silver: silver

Hometown:? moved too often to name one... maybe Jacksonville, Florida

Insomnia?:? Not usually

Job Title:? Sister

Kids?: Two sons (one has a birthday tomorrow), one granddaughter, 3 and 1/2 grandsons

Living Arrangement:? convent with five other women, one cat, one dog, six ducks

Most admired trait:? Honesty (also the most disliked trait)

Number of Sexual Partners:? Now? none. (before? none of your business)

Overnight Hospital Stays:? Two bouts with pneumonia and two childbirths

Phobia:? Burning alive

Religion:? Christian with Buddhist tendencies

Siblings:? not a one

Time I wake up:? Between 4:30-5:15

Unusual talent/skill:? I can teach you to ride a motorcycle

Vegetable I refuse to eat:? slimy okra... I'll eat it fried

Worst habit:? Laziness

Yummy foods I make:? Enchiladas, guacamole, scones, muffins, okara burgers, salmon spread... ad infinitum (did I mention I love to cook?)

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

6 comments:

HeyJules said...

Okay, now I see why you and I are always on the same side of the fence: Christian with buddhist tendencies...that would explain it!

Love your other answers, too. I didn't know they allowed dogs and cats in the convent? I might have to rethink becoming a Catholic now! hehehe

Claire Joy said...

I keep telling you I'm an Episcopalian!!!

Both the dog and cat were strays that had been abused and we rescued them, andup here in Brewster we live on a farm ... several acres so the dog can run.

ACey said...

Oh there is a middle way in all of this to be sure as I have started to actively define myself as the inverse (e.g. a buddhist with christian tendencies). It seems upsetting to people although I'm not clear why. The serious thought-full posts have been killer btw.

Anonymous said...

What are the ducks do?

Anonymous said...

I mean - - what do the ducks do?/what are the ducks for? I think I may have a disorder of some type . . .

Claire Joy said...

Ducks give us eggs and nitrogen-rich fertilizer. Unfortunately, like all birds, they poop everywhere. (We have to hose off the porch every morning.)