Thursday, February 28, 2008

a night to remember

My best friend took me to a concert tonight.

You aren't going to believe it... I sat in the 7th row in the Allen Room at the (relatively) new Jazz at Lincoln Center facility... soaking up the sounds of k.d. lang. It was the final night of her Lincoln Center debut as she promotes her new album Watershed. She sang every one of my favorites... Helpless by Neil Young, Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, and (what else?) her best seller from the 90's Constant Craving.

She of course premiered songs from the new album and in general brought down the house. You can read about it here. I could say eat your heart out, but that would be rude. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have friends in high places. I am a very blessed girl.

Here's a You Tube sample of the amazing lady (again)

No comments: