Tuesday, February 12, 2008

joke's on me

Yesterday (Monday) was my day off. Since we adjust our habits so much in Lent (no TV, no movies, for me, no video games, etc.) I had to look around for something to do to goof off. I am reading James Carroll's Constantine's Sword, which is way too dense and compelling to call goofing off. So I surfed the web and found this funny test based on the Myers-Briggs personality analysis. I'm always up for a laugh.

Almost Perfect- INFP
13% Extraversion, 53% Intuition, 13% Thinking, 46% Judging

So, you want to make the world a better place? Too bad it's never gonna happen. Of all the types, you have to be one of the hardest to find fault in. You have a selfless and caring nature. You're a good listener and someone who wants to avoid conflict. You genuinely desire to do good.

Of course, these all add up to an incredibly overpowered conscience which makes you feel guilty and responsible when anything goes wrong. Of course, it MUST be your fault EVERY TIME.

Though you're constantly on a mission to find the truth, you have no use for hard facts and logic, which is a source of great confusion for those of us with brains. Despite this, in a losing argument, you're not above spouting off inaccurate fact after fact in an effort to protect your precious values.

You're most probably a perfectionist, which in this case, is a bad thing. Any group work is destined to fail because of your incredibly high standards.

Disregard what I said before. You're just as easy to find fault in as everyone else!

Luckily, you're generally very hard on yourself, meaning I don't need to waste my precious time insulting you. Instead, just find all your own faults and insult yourself.

The other personality types are as follows...

Loner - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Pushover - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Criminal - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Borefest - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Freak - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Loser - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Crackpot - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
Clown - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Sap - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Commander - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Do Gooder - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Scumbag - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Busybody - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Prick - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Dictator - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

take the test

The moral of the story is that we can always find a gem of truth in the rubble of any endeavor. This statement, for instance: You're most probably a perfectionist, which in this case, is a bad thing. Any group work is destined to fail because of your incredibly high standards. Alas, how true. I hear it from every angle. But what I hear is that my high standards are skewed toward performance rather than compassion, and that's the area of my focus for Lent. And all I wanted to do was goof off. (Very funny, God. Ha ha ha not.)

1 comment:

Mike Farley said...

Wonderful! I'm afraid that's me to a tee...

(Every Myers Briggs test I've done makes me an INFP through and through, so no surprises there.)