Thursday, January 10, 2008

10 down... 355 to go

This whole Blog 365 thing... what was I thinking?

• Discipline. Like pledging to go to the gym three times a week... which I would never do. Like at sixty-two I need to worry about discipline.

• Practice. Not the same as discipline. Doing something over and over supposedly makes you better at it (whatever it is). Ergo: I'll end up a better writer. Or maybe I'll just end up a better blogger, which is definitely not the same thing.

• The whole she dared me thing. When will this stop!? (when I'm dead?) A dare is like bait. If you're a fish, you can't help yourself. You bite. I bit. I bite?

• More readers? Nah. Maybe. Yes, there's something weirdly satisfying about watching the site meter graph grow. Maybe I should have just deleted the site meter. Vanity is not an appropriate attribute for a nun.

• You fill in the blank. I'm blank.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Well. Whatever it is that motivates your blogging…I love walking by your open window and hearing your song wafting out into the air…
:-)

Claire Joy said...

I could say the same for you, girlfriend. Room in that shadow-dance for three?