Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I (like most people) have had my ups and downs with the project of: New Years Resolutions. First of all, there are the ones I really should make (often according to somebody else) and the ones I really want to make. If I really want to make a change, why wait til New Years? That's rhetorical. It's always more auspicious to wait until some date of significance... why? I have no clue, but it is.

Second of all, the ones I should make are usually hard, even though they may be good for me... things like getting more exercise, eating vegetarian, picking up my socks. Just because something is good for me has no bearing on whether I will keep my promise to do it. I hate to exercise. So making a resolution to exercise next year is pointless.

For a couple of years one of my resolutions was to make new ones every month. It was a good idea (akin to being good for me) and it lasted into April. One of my resolutions for 2007 is going to be NO MORE MEMES on my blog. So I'm getting this one in before midnight... (compliments of my daughter-in-law)

1. What is your favorite word? thanks

2. What is your least favorite word? should

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? music

4. What turns you off? fear

5. What is your favorite curse word? I gave these up...damn!

6. What sound or noise do you love? ocean waves

7. What sound or noise do you hate? vibratto

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? novelist

9. What profession would you not like to do? librarian

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? hey, kiddo, I really missed you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't want to be a librarian?? Waaaahhh.... :-)