Saturday, December 30, 2006

Execution

Saddam Hussein was hanged, executed. The exact same photo of him with a noose around his neck can be found on CNN, the New York Times, the BBC. There's apparently even video, but I didn't watch it.

What has his death changed? The car-bombings continue. I'm told he was the enemy, that this is what any tyrant deserves. Yet, Jesus tells me to love my enemies, to pray for those who persecute me. Loving hateful people is not easy, Jesus. But then, you, of all people knew that, know that. The car-bombings continue, though. It will take something else besides vengeance to stop the fear and the hate.

What are you smiling at? Ah yes... you gave us an example. You showed us what God is like. Well, we apparently don't much care for the God you showed us. We want a different God... one who kicks ass and destroys those who don't do it our way. Quit chuckling! So what's the joke? Oh. You both died as common criminals. Common bonds.

Nobody's gonna buy that one. I'll get run out on a rail just for repeating it. Watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, I had very similar thoughts. Even though he did terrible things, there seemed to be absolutely no validity in it.

Nicole said...

I also agree with your thoughts.

But this "sentance" was not carried out to appease Christian people. But for th e Iraqi people. And while I don't know what this is going to do for them (problably nothing because as you said the bombings continue) this is their way.