Saturday, September 01, 2007

Let down

The down side to three days of frenzied productivity, is of course, the sense of blah when it's back to business as usual. There's a subtle resentment that creeps in... instead of being grateful for the three days to do whatever my heart and hands desired, I'm grumpy that it didn't last longer, irritated that the normal routine has taken away my large chunks of uninterrupted time. This too shall pass.

I have a lot to show for my time: projects completed that have been sitting around for ages, new ideas fleshed out in surprising ways... and a good bit of new stuff that's almost, but not quite, finished.

September always feels more productive to me anyway. Years of back-to-school anticipation left an indelible mark on my psyche. I always looked forward to going back to school. Summer was a time of boredom then. But even though I'm no longer bored in the summer, I still look forward to fall. I'm so old fashioned. I think school should start after labor Day and women should put away their white shoes.

No comments: