Monday, January 02, 2006

Beginnings

I love beginnings. A new year, a new month, a new moon… each one thrills me in its own way. I look around, take stock, see possibilities, and more importantly, see what's unfinished, holding me back from what could be.

Yesterday, even though it was the new year and the first day of the month (double whammy), I couldn't get motivated. Today is different. A day late is not necessarily a dollar short. This morning I was up early and made a list. I haven't made a list in ages… they work for me. The downside is I sometimes end up serving the list instead of it serving me. I fudge items so it looks like I did more than I actually did. (Will keep that in mind this year.)

Once I made resolutions for the month, not the whole year. That was easier to handle. Chunking down I think it's called. Taking stock means looking at what works and trying to do more of it, looking at what doesn't and trying to do less. Not easy to do less of what doesn't work, but still a noble goal for 2006.

No comments: