Friday, March 10, 2006

High School Memories

Okay, here's a high school meme from Natty and Seeking Something, both sister bloggers. (You can read their blogs by checking out the sister bloggers ring in the sidebar. I told you already, my toolbar doesn't have a link button!) And my high school was a long damn time ago, so don't expect much.

1. Who was your best friend(s)? Marcia, Libby, Linda, & Ann
2. What sports did you play? none, too uncoordinated.
3. What kind of car did you drive? My mommy's... and once, my uncle's jeep.
4. It’s Friday night, where are you at? Behind the preposition. No, at a record hop. (groan)
5. Were you a party animal? Nope
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? We probably thought so.
7. Ever skip school? Only that one time when I ran away from home.
8. Ever smoke a cigarette? probably could have, but didn't until college.
9. Were you a nerd? Yes, but we didn't know that word then.
10. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No, but I got into a ruler fight with some boy and was sent to the principal's office.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? No, but I can sing my grade school Alma Mater.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Paul Pettingill and Claudette Blais... hey! she became a nun.
13. Favorite class? Study Hall (I got to hang out in the library and play with the rubber cement.)
14. What was your school’s name? Lancaster High School
15. School mascot? Can't remember, did we have one?
16. Did you go to Prom? Now that's a good story. I went with two boys.
17. Would you go back again and do it over? Not unless I could know everything I know now. I'd be a whole lot more compassionate and a little less arrogant.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? We had a major scandal the day after.
19. Favorite memory of senior year? wearing sundresses to school the Monday after we all went to the lake.
20. Were you ever posted on the senior wall? Don't think we had one.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? I had summer jobs from the time I was fifteen... worked after school cleaning my mother's beauty shop. (no pay)
22. Who did you date? Other than that junior prom thing... nobody. My heart throb was way older than I was and wouldn't date me. He only took me places in broad daylight, like skiing, hiking, always with a group.
23. Have you gained weight since then? well, duh. I probably weighed 100 lbs then.
24. What did you do after graduation? Went to college.

1 comment:

Claire Joy said...

Biology teacher and Valedictorian... something more involved than study hall...