Sunday, December 09, 2012

Advent II

A pregnant and unwed Mary… off to her cousin's. Greeted with joy, no judgement, no questions asked. Our celebrant today spoke about the amazing capacity that God has to meet us where we are.

We don't have to clean ourselves up, or clean up our house, before God can come in to meet us. We may think we do. But that is not what God asks of us.

How amazing when we cam mirror that same acceptance in each other, the way Elizabeth welcomed Mary.

May this next week of the "Irrational Season" (as Madeleine L'Engle described it) be one for welcoming and accepting and joy.

3 comments:

Silvana rscj said...

Dear Claire Joy
I understand you created this image. Do you mind if I use it in my blog in two days' time? www.allthislifeandheaventoo.blogspot.com
It's the anniversary of my first vows as a sister, and the Visitation was my gospel that day.

Thanks in advance

Claire Joy said...

Of course you may use it. Just give the standard attribution. Blessings on your anniversary.

Silvana rscj said...

Thanks - here is what I posted
http://allthislifeandheaventoo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/community-and-certainty.html