Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bell Curve

It's all my daughter-in-law's fault. What was I thinking?! Certainly not about fame. My brief brushes with that anomaly have been painful, embarrassing. Fame is as bad as anonymity, two extremes on the imaginary bell curve of life. "Does the professor grade on a curve?" That's what we asked in college. because if he did, I could relax. I was always going to fall somewhere on the brighter side of middle. But if not, whoa! Might actually have to study for that one. Might actually have to study? How much potential did I waste in never studying more than was necessary? Then it was called laziness. now it's called ordering your priorities. Who are we kidding? Only ourselves. At this rate we'll never evolve to a higher species.

My daughter-in-law tagged me. I have no idea what that means. Okay CG, you're it. (That's the only way I know how to play tag.)

1 comment:

Catherine Grace, CHS said...

Uh-oh. I was never good at tag as a child, and in a body rapidly closing in on sixty, I know I can't play it well now. Probably not even on a computer, where folks can pretty much do whatever they want, believe whatever they wish to believe is true, live in fantasy-land, fall in love, pay their bills and lose their identity.

Sooo ... daughter-in-law, back to you — tag, you're it again!